Do you care about relationships + games?
Hey there! I’m Avi, founder of Magic Circle Studio. I started this company to pioneer a new generation of more intimate games. Games that help us nurture the relationships that matter in our lives.
This is a "let’s find the magic together" kind of role. To me, games are magic when they bring us closer to people we care about — by helping us express ourselves, laugh out loud, and spend time together well.
As we build towards this new category of games, we’ll jam, iterate, prototype, and polish. If that sounds like your kind of fun, read on!
We’ll count on you to
- Build web-based games across the full product lifecycle, from one-off prototypes to scalable production code
- Architect and build features end-to-end, across client and server
- Wrangle tools to make our lives easier and help us automate stuff
- Contribute ideas across all aspects of our game designs and production
Skills you’ll need
- Ability to build fun, intuitive, highly interactive websites and games using modern web technologies, including React and TypeScript, from prototype to production.
- Strong CSS skills to bend the DOM into the shape of games
- Ability to work in-person in the San Francisco Bay Area (our office is in Oakland, a few minutes from BART).
- Ability to architect multiplayer features end-to-end, from client to server
- Strong debugging skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving startup and an in-person working environment
- Kindness in giving and receiving feedback
Even better if you’re
- Located in the San Francisco Bay Area or willing to relocate
- Experienced with making interactive websites and games
- Experienced with native mobile app development
- Experienced with graphics programming, including WebGL/Canvas/shaders
- Really into board games (sorry, monopoly doesn’t count don’t @ me)
- Excited to share your process with the world, on TikTok/YouTube/Twitter
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
Drag to apply
Magic Circle Studio, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or membership in any other legally protected category.
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Also, we welcome notes in your application about your pronouns, e.g., she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs.
You don’t need to match every single listed expectation to apply. We know that innovation comes from diverse perspectives, and are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Thanks for reading!
— Avi (CEO & Founder)