Founding Engineering Lead
Do you care about relationships + games?
Hey there! I’m Avi, founder of Magic Circle Studio. I started this company to pioneer a new generation of more intimate games. Games that help us nurture the relationships that matter in our lives.
This is a "let’s find the magic together" kind of role. To me, games are magic when they bring us closer to people we care about — by helping us express ourselves, laugh out loud, and spend time together well.
As we build towards this new category of games, we’ll jam, iterate, prototype, and polish. If that sounds like your kind of fun, read on!
We’ll count on you to
- Build across the full product lifecycle, from one-off prototypes to well-tested production games
- Architect and build features end-to-end, spanning client and server
- Build tools inside and outside Unity/Godot to make our lives easier and help us automate stuff
- Contribute ideas across all aspects of our game designs and production
Skills you’ll need
- Ability to build mobile games in Unity or Godot, from prototype to production
- Ability to architect multiplayer features end-to-end, from client to server
- Strong debugging skills
- Kindness in giving and receiving feedback
Even better if you’re
- Located in the San Francisco Bay Area or willing to relocate
- Experienced with making interactive websites and games
- Experienced with AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experienced with native mobile app development
- Passionate about type safe code :)
- Excited to share your process with the world, on TikTok/YouTube/Twitter
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Flexible working hours and locations
Drag to apply
Magic Circle Studio, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or membership in any other legally protected category.
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Also, we welcome notes in your application about your pronouns, e.g., she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs.
You don’t need to match every single listed expectation to apply. We know that innovation comes from diverse perspectives, and are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Thanks for reading!
— Avi (CEO & Founder)